The failure of the air-oil separator is one of the most prevalent problems that Porsche drivers face as a result of the engine type in their vehicles. This may be a strange concept to you if you aren’t familiar with automobile parts. However, don’t worry; we’ll go into the specifics of how this portion works, why it’s a problem whenever it fails, and how to solve it.
It’s also crucial to be able to recognize the indicators of failure with your Porsche’s air-oil separator so you can take it to a Porsche specialist for repair as soon as possible. Below is the most useful information about the air-oil separator in your car.
The Air/Oil Separator
The air-oil separator can be present in all Porsches and isn’t exclusive to any model. It’s an emissions device found in the engine’s back corner, usually on the upper right-hand side. Its principal duty is to collect any residual gas or vapor in the crankcase and direct it back into the intake manifold. They are then burnt in a standard combustion chamber. The air-oil separator’s primary function is to lower total vehicle emissions.
When the air-oil separator malfunctions, it is unable to separate the oil from the air it is drawing back to be combusted, and more oil is drawn into the intake manifold instead. The outcomes aren’t disastrous, but if left ignored for a long time, the engine can be totally damaged.
Signs that Your Porsche’s Air-Oil Separator is Malfunctioning
- Oil Leaks: If you have an oil leak in your Porsche, it might be an indication that your air-oil separator isn’t operating properly. Oil spills beneath your parked automobile are a big indicator of this. This isn’t usually the result of a defective air-oil separator and might be linked to other problems with your vehicle.
- Dark-Colored Exhaust: It’s likely that your air-oil separator is failing if the exhaust at the back of your Porsche is darker in color. This is because the air and oil are not adequately separated, resulting in a mixed exhaust system. The oil will contaminate the air, making it appear deeper in hue.
- Squealing: Any noise that differs from the normal sounds made by your car should be taken seriously. If the air-oil separator has failed or is about to fail, squealing will commence as air tries to pass through the crankcase seal. This is one of the most prevalent signs that the air-oil separator is malfunctioning.
- Poor Running Engine: A Porsche should always provide a smooth ride. Take note if you notice a bumpy ride or poor engine efficiency. The most crucial part of your Porsche is the engine, and a damaged air-oil separator might cause the engine to cease working at its best.
- Your Check Engine Light Is On: The check engine light may signal that your vehicle’s air-oil separator is malfunctioning. If any of the warning indications appear when your check engine light is illuminated, you can be more confident that your air-oil separator is to blame, but other engine problems can also produce similar symptoms. In any case, if your check engine light is on and you’re not sure why, it’s advisable to get your automobile evaluated before it causes more significant harm.
How a Faulty Air-Oil Separator Impacts Your Porsche
Because the air-oil separator is such a crucial part of air and oil circulation in your Porsche’s engine, it may have a wide range of consequences if it fails:
- combustion process disruption
- exhaust process disruption
- spark plugs and catalytic converter malfunction
Let Momentum Motoworks Repair Your Porsche
Momentum Motorworks, based in Birmingham, is delighted to serve drivers in the nearby regions of Alabaster, Homewood, Helena, Hoover, Mountain Brook, and Vestavia. If your Porsche sports car has shown any of the indications of an air-oil separator failure, please contact us as soon as possible to avoid additional engine damage. Our primary priority is always upholding the Porsche brand’s standards and guaranteeing your safety.
Every time you step behind the wheel, the bar is set high. Momentum Motorworks believes that the same high level should apply to the services provided to your vehicle. Our dedication to high-quality repair and excellent customer service has made us the go-to store for German car owners all around Birmingham. Call us today.